Well, another year has gone by and I want to thank each and everyone of
my multitude of fans for their support and donations. It's really kind
of appreciated, so kind of appreciated that I really don't want to find
the words to show how kind of appreciative I really might be.
Anyway, with that out of the way, let's get to what you're here
for…..our picks for the best music and movies from the last year! Fuck
books, who needs 'em? Fuck tv, who needs that? Music and movies are
what's important babyyyyyyyyyy!
Stephen's Top 10 Albums Of The Year (and, as with previous years, the
only list that matters):
10. Iron Maiden—The Final Frontier (Not their best, but a solid
effort. If it's their last, not something to be ashamed of)
9. Jon Oliva's Pain—Festival (Another year, another release. I don't
think this guy can put out a bad album.)
8. Cathedral—The Guessing Game (Kinda weird album but fucking awesome.
Another album that you need to listen with the lights off and the
headphones on. The big ones.)
7. Accept—Blood Of The Nations (What a comeback! New singer but they
haven't lost a step. Nice CD package too, gots lots of stuff to read.
It's like they cared about this album!)
6. In This Moment—A Star-Crossed Wasteland (Maria Brink has an amazing
voice that you've just gotta hear. The last song, "World In Flames"
brought tears to my eyes cause it's so damned moving and beautiful. Or
maybe I'm just a wimp.)
5. Devo—Something For Everyone (Yep, that's right. Devo. This is such
a fun album!)
4. Peter Frampton—Thank You Mr Churchill (Mr. Frampton plays the shit
out of his geetar here.)
3. The Sword—Warp Riders (Third album, third masterpiece. Throwback
metal, but modern. KNow what I mean? I sure don't.)
2. Armored Saint—La Raza (Way back when, I bought their debut album
and absolutely hated it. Never bought anything from AS until this year.
And then it took me about 5 months to finally listen to it. And you know
what? IT'S REALLY REALLY GOOD!)
1. Star One—Victims Of The Modern Age (First time I heard this, it had
"Whoa" status. I have listened to this CD so many times I think the
laser is burning a hole through it. If you like sci-fi, get this album
just to figure out what movie or tv series the song is referencing.)
Bob's Album Of All Time Pick:
I heard an album this year that made me throw away all my other albums.
It's from some guy named Justin Beeber (Bieber? Beiber?) and can he
croon! Fuck Frank, Dean and Sammy, they ain't got the shits on Justin. I
LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!!!!!
Ok. Wow. Let's erase this from our memories and go to:
Stephen's Top Ten Movies Of The Year:
Umm….slight problem here. We saw one (1) movie in a theater this year
and that was "Machete". Everything else that came out this year was, or
will be watched, on blu-ray when I have a chance.
So, it'll be Top Five for now….when I get ten, maybe I'll update this,
but maybe not because I am quite lazy.
5. The Expendables (Nice little dainty action picture with lots of guys
I've seen on other movies. Between this and the Rambo and Rocky movies
from the last few years, Mr. Stallone is aces in my book.)
4. Centurion (A couple years ago I picked "Doomsday" as my favorite
movie of that year. This is from the same director and it's full of guys
in kilts and stuff hacking and slashing other to bloody bits. Fun!)
3. Inception (It wasn't a dream at the end people! Or was it?)
2. Machete (I want to invite Danny Trejo over for brunch. He's cool.)
1. Kick Ass (Foul-mouthed girl that's kicks fucking serious ass? Fuck
Bob's Movie Of The Year Pick:
Alice. It was a tv show during the 70's but they had a marathon at a
local theater where they showed all the episodes and since it was on a
movie theater screen it's a movie. And I love Flo.
Also have to add the Justin Beeeeber (Bieber? Beiber?) 4D movie that I
saw. He's stellar! It was like I was there, stroking his hair while tou
Yeah, I'm not going to let him continue.
COMING NEXT: A great value, words are free!