Anthrax—Persistence Of Time
Well, we made it thru another year! And with the new year upon us. it's
time yet again for our list of the top 10 movies and albums of the year!
It's what you've been waiting for!
Actually it's more MY list than OUR list. I always send out a nice, easy
to read form for someone else on this site to fill out and they never
do. Sure, they might mention one movie and one album but that's not a
top 10, is it now? No. Makes me wonder if he really ever gets out, if he
really experiences life the the fullest.
Oh well. No use dwelling on that. It's a new year so have to be a bit
festive so we'll start with top ten movies. Some may not have any
redeeming social value, but they sure as hell were fun!
10. Terminator Salvation—Why not? Terminator movies are cool,
Christian Bale is cool and it had Arnold in it as well. Well, kind of.
9. I Love You, Man—I love Paul Rudd, man.
8. Watchmen—Kelly Leak AND a giant naked blue man (with giant exposed
pee-pee) in one movie? What more could you ask for.
7. Star Trek—Never been a big fan of the series, liked the odd #
movies and really enjoyed this one. Go figure.
6. Crank 2: High Voltage—All over the place. Godzilla-type fight? Yep.
Sex on a racetrack? Yep. A shitload of more over the top stuff? Yep. You
will not get bored.
5. Drag Me To Hell—The few friends of mine that saw this hated it.
Why? Probably because they're stupid.
4. The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto—A cartoon not from
Pixar/Disney. Fuck "The Hangover", this was the funniest movie of the
year. Sadly, I didn't catch "Halloween 2" in theaters (actually didn't
go to a theater once this year), but has Mr. Zombie put out a bad movie?
3. Eden Lake—I felt really, really bad at the end. Seriously.
2. REPO! The Genetic Opera—A rock opera with plenty of blood. And Joan
Jett. You can't go wrong when you're better half comes into the room and
asks "What in the hell are you watching?".
1. District 9—This actually had a message! And lots of bodies getting
blown to smithereens!
Honorable mention goes to "Splinter". It stars the Mercury spokesperson
and there's nothing wrong with that. Now I can erase all those
commercials since I have her on DVD.
For the most overrated movie, it's just gotta be "The Hangover". It
wasn't bad, but how in the hell did it make that much money? Another one
of those mysteries of the universe, I suppose.
Bob's favorite: Anything with Hannah Montana
Now for the top 10 albums of the year…….
9. Mastodon—Crack The Skye
7. Dream Theater—Black Clouds & Silver Linings
6. Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson—United States
5. Trans-Siberian Orchestra—Night Castle
1. Lillian Axe—Sad Day On Planet Earth
Bob's favorite: Anything from Hannah Montana, especially the import-only
"Hannah Montana Sings Sinatra".
So there you go. Run out and spend your hard earned money on those
listed above then sit back and enjoy!
COMING NEXT: The annual fearful predictions!